We do our children serious harm when we accept things of Satan’s realm. All parents will flee from someone who seeks to do their children harm. Considering that Satan wants you and your children to spend eternity in hell, shouldn’t you put as much “distance” as possible between his influence and the hearts of your children? We are once again nearing his high holy day. As such we would expect born again Christians to flee anything having to do with Halloween.
I know/have known well-meaning believers who either see nothing wrong with some degree of participation in Halloween or want to redeem the time as an outreach. If you are one of those, I would plead with you to reconsider. Some things simply aren’t redeemable.
- Psalm 97:10 “Ye that love the LORD, hate evil.”
- Romans 12:2 “And be not conformed to this world.”
- Romans 12:9b “Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.”
- Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.”
- 1 Thessalonians 5:22 “Abstain from all appearance of evil.”
If we parents don’t abhor Halloween as evil, don’t be surprised to watch your children over time embrace other things that God hates. Parents, do you love your children’s souls?