Have you noticed how easy it is to see flaws in others and not recognize them in ourselves? When tempted to distrust your wife, have you considered whether you are worthy of her trust? “And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother’s eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?” (Matthew 7:3-4)
What is your wife’s confidence level in you:
- To put the needs of the family above your personal wants and desires?
- That if you say you will do something, you will do it?
- To keep your end of “any agreements?”
- To be careful with family resources?
- That you own the responsibility of discipling your children in the Lord Jesus Christ?
- To value your time as priceless or do you waste it on empty pursuits?
May we each have the mindset that trust is earned–not deserved.