The best place to train children is the best place to train parents – the home. The same skills a dad needs to lead his family are what make him valuable in the workplace, either as an employer or employee. As we strive to grow and are vulnerable before our family, we set the example and atmosphere for our children.
Since none of us has “arrived,” the question is: How much effort are we putting into improving in the following areas?
- being a servant leader
- being diligent in every area
- caring deeply for those who follow us
- focusing on the important more than the urgent
- aiming for integrity
- deepening our skills
- committing to the Lord Jesus no matter what
- striving to excel in our communication skills
- seeking to be winsome, kind, gentle, and loving
There is so much room to grow and so little time. We must surrender to Jesus Christ in all areas. “But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen” (2 Peter 3:18).
1 16 4,096