In business your “Not-To-Do List” is more important than your “To-Do List.” Knowing what not to spend your time on is critical for ensuring you have time available for the things that are wildly important. Today a myriad of things are clamoring for our time, and most are not beneficial compared to what they are displacing.
Here are some suggestions you might consider for your “Not-To-Do List”
- Web Surfing
- Spectator Sports
- Fill in the blank _____
Here are some fantastic things for your “To-Do List” now that you have freed up some time:
- Family Bible time. This is not optional if you love your family. (Challenge them spiritually.)
- Walk and/or workout with your wife. (Benefits include health and unity.)
- Exercise with the children. (Wear them out physically. Good for health and hearts.)
- Minister and serve with your family. (Teaching them to have servants’ hearts while practically doing God’s work now.)
- Learn something with the children. (Challenge them mentally and prepare them vocationally.)
- Build, repair, or renovate something with the children. (They develop real skills and you save money.)
- Learn something that will help your occupation. Consider audio books if you commute. (Never stop learning.)
May each be a wise builder of his family.
“Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock.” (Matthew 7:24